Sunday, June 5, brings Game 2 of the NBA Finals with the Boston Celtics holding a 1-0 lead after an improbable comeback against the Golden State Warriors. The game tips off at 8 p.m. ET on DraftKings and FanDuel. Let’s take a look at the player pool and break down the best NBA DFS picks today for DraftKings and FanDuel lineups.
DraftKings & FanDuel NBA DFS Picks Today (6/5)
Stephen Curry | Golden State Warriors
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: DraftKings: 45.05 | FanDuel: 42.57
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: DraftKings: 60.6% | FanDuel: 51.1%
- DFS Salary: DraftKings: $10,600 | FanDuel: $15,500
Stephen Curry was amazing in the first quarter of Game 1, scoring 21 points and making six, yes, SIX 3-point shots. However, games are four quarters, and even after heading into the final frame with a 14-point lead on the strength of a 19-6 run, Golden State still lost. Boston managed a 17-0 run that began midway through the fourth quarter and completely gobsmacked the Warriors.
Golden State and coach Steve Kerr have had a couple days to regroup and prepare for Game 2. They are favored by 4.0 points, but if they lose, it is likely they will be at risk of being swept when the series head’s back to Boston for Games 3 and 4. There is a lot of pressure on the Warriors tonight, but they should be ready to come out and play. We all know Curry’s fantasy bona fides, and he continues to project as one of the best options in the player pool.
Latest NBA DFS Content
- 📽️ LIVE 2022 NBA Draft Watchalong on Playback
- 📽️ NBA DFS Picks: Deeper Dive & Live Before Lock | 6/16
- FanDuel Single-Game Cheat Sheet: Free NBA DFS Lineup Optimizer Picks Today | 6/16
- DraftKings Showdown Cheat Sheet: Free NBA DFS Lineup Optimizer Picks Today | 6/16
- NBA DFS Picks Today 6/16: DraftKings & FanDuel Building Blocks
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Jayson Tatum | Boston Celtics
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: DraftKings: 51.46 | FanDuel: 49.19
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: DraftKings: 68.9% | FanDuel: 58.0%
- DFS Salary: DraftKings: $10400 | FanDuel: $16000
Although he has the highest salary of any player on Sunday, Jayson Tatum also has the best point-per-dollar ratio of anyone in the player pool. Tatum had a miserable game from the field, making only three of his 17 field goal attempts. However, he still had a positive impact on the game, leading the team with 13 assists, including four in his final five minutes of action. Chalk this offensive performance up to bad luck, as the 24-year-old forward has a career success rate of 45.6% in the regular season and 44.1% in the playoffs.
Draymond Green | Golden State Warriors
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: DraftKings: 32.41 | FanDuel: 32.33
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: DraftKings: 44.9% | FanDuel: 34.7%
- DFS Salary: DraftKings: $7,000 | FanDuel: $12,500
In a fun twist, Draymond Green took a dozen field goal attempts, which is his second-highest total of the postseason and only the fourth game in which he reached double-digit attempts. Sadly, only two found the bottom of the bucket, and Green also missed each of his three free-throw attempts. Fortunately, he contributed 11 rebounds, five assists and a pair of steals prior to picking up his sixth foul late in the game. Do not lose faith in Green, as he is still a strong fantasy option, and if he stays out of foul trouble, he should again approach 40 minutes of playing time.
NBA DFS Discount Dandies
- Derrick White: His strong play helped keep Boston in the game, and he led the team with +25 net points while on the court. It is unlikely that he makes five 3-pointers again, but he should play at least 28 minutes and that is solid for his salary.
- Grant Williams: Thursday was the low point of the postseason for Williams, who did not play in the final frame. He did have three assists and three rebounds, but he missed both of his field goal attempts. Expect a bit of a bounce back tonight and a dozen fantasy points.
- Payton Pritchard: We got an apex performance from Pritchard, who played the first eight minutes of the fourth quarter over Marcus Smart and was part of the furious Celtics comeback. Tonight 8 to 10 minutes is a more realistic baseline, with potential mop-up duty being his path to anything more.
Andrew Wiggins is an interesting option in the NBA player props market. Currently he has a 5.5 over/under on his rebound prop, and the Awesemo NBA player projections have him for 7.0 rebounds, which gives him a 69% probability of surpassing the over.
Golden State Warriors
- Otto Porter Jr: We should see Porter play 18 to 24 minutes, and as long as he continues to be efficient, he is a sold bargain option, albeit one with limited upside.
- Andre Iguodala: Finally seeing action for the first time in five weeks, Iguodala contributed 7 points and three assists in a dozen minutes. Something similar is a reasonable expectation tonight.
- Gary Payton II: DraftKings-only; Payton was cleared to play Thursday but never set foot on the court. It has been a month since he fractured his elbow, and even if he plays, it will likely be as a defensive stopper with very little fantasy upside. Other than being $1,800 on DraftKings, there are not many redeeming qualities that make him a strong recommendation.
PrizePicks NBA Prop Tool (FREE)
📽️ LIVE 2022 NBA Draft Watchalong on Playback
NBA Betting: NBA Player Props Tool (FREE TRIAL)
No House Advantage NBA Optimal Lineups Page (FREE)
NBA Data Central
📽️ NBA DFS Picks: Deeper Dive & Live Before Lock | 6/16
FanDuel Single-Game Cheat Sheet: Free NBA DFS Lineup Optimizer Picks Today | 6/16
DraftKings Showdown Cheat Sheet: Free NBA DFS Lineup Optimizer Picks Today | 6/16