Sunday, Nov. 7 brings a frontloaded seven-game main slate with four games tipping off at 6:00 p.m. ET. Let’s look at the player pool and discuss the top NBA DFS picks for DraftKings, FanDuel and Yahoo lineups. Do not forget to head over to the Awesemo NBA DFS home page for more great written daily fantasy basketball content.
NBA DFS Picks: Building Blocks, Sunday, Nov. 7
Yahoo Play of the Day — Paul George: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Charlotte Hornets
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: Yahoo and FanDuel: 53.7 | DraftKings: 56.16
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: Yahoo 16.6% | FanDuel 15.9% | DraftKings 19.1%
- DFS Salary: Yahoo $49 | FanDuel $10,800 | DraftKings $10,400
Once again Paul George is the recommended Yahoo Play of the Day. Tonight he will be going against a Charlotte squad that is playing at a top five pace along with allowing 112.3 points per 100 possessions which is the second worst defensive efficiency in the league. Currently George is averaging a career high 51.1 Yahoo points per game. Clearly this is his team with Kawhi Leonard on the shelf and the 12-year veteran is making the most of it. Through eight games he is averaging 35 minutes and while that is higher than any of the last two seasons, it is still only the sixth highest of his career. While taking a career high 21.3 field goal attempts per game he is also approaching personal bests with 27.9 points, 8.1 rebounds, 4.9 assists and 3.5 combined blocks and steals. Tonight he has a $7 discount from Giannis Antetokounmpo ($56) while projecting for only four fewer fantasy points.
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: Oklahoma City Thunder vs. San Antonio Spurs
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: Yahoo and FanDuel: 37.67 | DraftKings: 39.78
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: Yahoo 23.2% | FanDuel 26.8% | DraftKings 8.3%
- DFS Salary: Yahoo $33 | FanDuel $7,600 | DraftKings $8,600
Gamers are seemingly soured on Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, which is odd considering he has 39 Yahoo points in five of his last six games. Yes, he was abysmal in his first two outings this season with 40.6 combined fantasy points, but two weeks later that looks like an anomaly. Tonight should be a close match with the visiting Spurs favored by 4.5 points. In competitive games, Gilgeous-Alexander is playing 36 minutes and racking up the fantasy goodness.
Dejounte Murray: San Antonio Spurs at Oklahoma City Thunder
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: Yahoo and FanDuel: 45.01 | DraftKings: 45.2
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: Yahoo 16.6% | FanDuel 8.1% | DraftKings 9.7%
- DFS Salary: Yahoo $39 | FanDuel $9,500 | DraftKings $9,100
While the Yahoo salary algorithm is steadily increasing the tag for Dejounte Murray, he is still at a a 10-15% discount based on his production this season. Now that he is finally healthy, he is getting heavy minutes, along with a career high 16.8 field goal attempts per game. The former University of Washington Husky has always been a good rebounder, though with 34.3 minutes per game he is averaging 8.1 rebounds along with 8.1 assists making him a nightly triple-double threat. This is an excellent matchup against the shaky Oklahoma City defense, and Murray should a boost his 1.33 Yahoo points per minute in this game.
Yahoo Daily Fantasy Basketball Discount Dandies
Josh Giddey: Oklahoma City Thunder vs. San Antonio Spurs
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: Yahoo and FanDuel: 34.6 | DraftKings: 34.49
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: Yahoo 44.2% | FanDuel 40.7% | DraftKings 26.1%
- DFS Salary: Yahoo $22 | FanDuel $6,000 | DraftKings $6,300
Technically rookie Josh Giddey is not a true discount dandy, but he is at a bargain salary of just $22 tonight on Yahoo. Similar to his teammate Gilgeous-Alexander, Giddey has been stellar after starting the season out slowly. In his last half dozen appearances, the Australian has been outstanding with an all-around game averaging 12.3 points, six rebounds, seven assists and 2.8 combined blocks and steals. These averages are not exactly eye-popping from a raw total viewpoint, but this works out to nearly 1.2 Yahoo points per minute, and he should see at least 30-32 tonight in a terrific game environment.
Bobby Portis: Milwaukee Bucks at Washington Wizards
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: Yahoo and FanDuel: 29.21 | DraftKings: 29.85
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: Yahoo 41.4% | FanDuel 24.4% | DraftKings 30.1%
- DFS Salary: Yahoo $10 | FanDuel $4,700 | DraftKings $4,600
Tonight the Bucks will be without Khris Middleton, Brook Lopez, Dante DiVincenzo and Grayson Allen is dealing with a non-COVID illness. The minutes should be plentiful for Bobby Portis who is at the minimum salary on Yahoo. This is a great matchup for him against a former team since it will be Daniel Gafford and Montrezl H we arrell manning the paint for Washington. Anything less than a double-double tonight from Portis will be a disappointment and he has an outside chance of flirting with 40 fantasy points.
Final Thoughts on NBA DFS picks for the Sunday, Nov. 7 Slate
With most of the games tipping off in the first hour, there should not be much news left to deal with. Funny things always happen on Sunday, so keep one eye on the late game news while watching Sunday Night Football. Keep in mind that salaries and scoring formats differ across the various fantasy sites, and a slam-dunk play on Yahoo may be a below-average NBA DFS pick on DraftKings or FanDuel.
PrizePicks NBA Prop Tool (FREE)
📽️ LIVE 2022 NBA Draft Watchalong on Playback
NBA Betting: NBA Player Props Tool (FREE TRIAL)
No House Advantage NBA Optimal Lineups Page (FREE)
NBA Data Central
📽️ NBA DFS Picks: Deeper Dive & Live Before Lock | 6/16
FanDuel Single-Game Cheat Sheet: Free NBA DFS Lineup Optimizer Picks Today | 6/16
DraftKings Showdown Cheat Sheet: Free NBA DFS Lineup Optimizer Picks Today | 6/16