NBA DFS Leverage Picks & Optimizer Plays: Naz Reid & Depleted Timberwolves (March 27)

Tonight’s NBA DFS slate is packed with injury question marks, so you must do your homework and stay on top of the news. Be sure to check out the Stokastic Deeper Dive and Live Before Lock shows to gain insight into how breaking news can impact the slate. Additionally, Stokastic’s NBA DFS projections and Boom/Bust Tool are valuable tools that can aid you in making NBA DFS picks and building strong lineups that have the potential to outperform your competition.

NBA DFS Projections & Optimizer Picks Today | March 27

High-End Tier

Nikola Jokic ($11,400) has the highest projection on the slate against a Philadelphia 76ers team that won’t have superstar Joel Embiid at center. Jokic is projected for 19% ownership with a 62% chance of booming and a 23% chance of optimality, per the Stokastic Boom/Bust Tool.

Luka Doncic ($11,900) has a nice matchup with an Indiana Pacers team that ranks ninth in pace and 26th in defensive rating. Doncic is projected for 11% ownership with a 45% chance of booming and a 14% chance of optimality.


Bobby Portis ($5,600) should start and see big minutes against a Detroit Pistons team ranked 28th in defensive rating, as the Milwaukee Bucks will be without Jrue Holiday and Giannis Antetokounmpo. Portis is projected for 61% ownership with a 55% chance of booming and a 47% chance of optimality.

Khris Middleton ($7,700) is projected for 65% ownership with a 58% chance of booming and a 38% chance of optimality. Brook Lopez is projected for 34% ownership with a 47% chance of booming and a 19% chance of optimality.

Latest NBA DFS Content

Shaedon Sharpe ($6,200) should play big minutes for a Portland Trail Blazers team that will be without all of their regular starters. Sharpe is projected for 26% ownership with a 33% chance of booming and a 15% chance of optimality.

Naz Reid ($5,400) has the best leverage score on the slate for a Minnesota Timberwolves team that will be without Karl-Anthony Towns and possibly Anthony Edwards against a Sacramento Kings team ranked 25th in defensive rating. Reid is projected for less than 1% ownership with a 21% chance of booming and a 10% chance of optimality.

Value Tier

Jevon Carter ($3,400) has the slate’s best value score, as he should start in Holiday’s place for the Bucks. Carter is projected for 75% ownership with a 67% chance of booming and a 70% chance of optimality.

Paul Reed ($3,200) could get the start for Embiid against Nikola Jokic and the Denver Nuggets. Reed is projected for 19% ownership with a 31% chance of booming and a 22% chance of optimality.

Nassir Little ($3,800), Drew Eubanks ($4,300) and Keon Johnson ($4,300) all have great value scores for the depleted Blazers. Johnson also has a positive leverage score, as he is projected for just 12% ownership with a 33% chance of booming and a 17% chance of optimality.

Your first NBA bet is on Caesars up to $1,250

The legal gambling age is 21+ in most states. Gambling Problem? Call or text 1-800-GAMBLER

Neil Orfield
Neil Orfield has been playing DFS regularly since 2013, but his success really started taking off in 2019 when he had a six figure payday with a hand built NFL lineup. The next day, he signed up for a Stokastic+ subscription with FantasyCruncher. Since then he has won an NFL milly and added six figure wins in XFL, MLB, and NBA. He has recently excelled at NFL Showdown, with many five- and six-figure wins since 2021.

Stokastic +

Premium Data and Tools
Lineup Generator
Stokastic Sims MLB
Top Stack %s
MLB Data Central
SoRare MLB Rankings
DraftKings Night Owl
MLB Lineup Study
MLB Discord Server
Ownership Projections
Fantasy Cruncher (ADD-ON)
NHL Lineup Study
NHL Discord Server
Lineup Generator
Stokastic Sims PGA
Ownership Projections
Top Golfers Tool
PGA Tournament Models
PGA Lineup Study
PGA Discord Server
Ownership Projections
Top Drivers Tool
NASCAR Discord Server
NASCAR Fantasy Cruncher
Formula 1 Projections
F1 Discord Server
USFL Projections
USFL Discord Server
Ownership Projections
Top Fighters Tool
MMA Discord Server
MMA Fantasy Cruncher
NFL Betting Tools
Stokastic Discord Server
Best Ball
Best Ball Rankings
Best Ball Stat Projections
Stokastic Discord Server
Season Long Fantasy (Coming Soon)

Premium Data

NBA DFS Boom/Bust Probability

Stokastic’s NBA DFS Rankings

NBA DFS Projections

NBA Data Central

FanDuel NBA Ownership Projections

Yahoo! NBA Ownership Projections

Winners from the Stokastic Community

Subscribe to the Stokastic newsletter

DFS advice, exciting promos, and the best bets straight to your inbox - Daily Fantasy Sports and Sports Betting Data, Tools, & Analytics