Mississippi Fantasy Sports & Sportsbook Promo Codes March 2024
How To Claim Your Mississippi Fantasy Sports & Sportsbook Bonus
See below for details on how to claim your Mississippi fantasy sports and/or sports betting bonus.
Mississippi Fantasy Sports & Sports Betting Overview
With more and more states getting into the action with sports betting, people in Mississippi may be wondering “Where can I get involved with all this sweet sports betting I’ve heard so much about?” Let's get into all the info you need to get into Mississippi sports betting, including info on online sports betting and MS sports betting apps.
1) Is Mississippi sports betting legal?
Sports betting has been legal in Mississippi since 2018. Sports betting is currently limited to water and land-based casinos. There are 23 casinos in the state that offer legal sports betting.
In July 2018, the Mississippi Gaming Commission’s website rolled out their regulations, covering everything from definition of sports betting to how they will pay out wagers. By the end of September 2018, over 20 commercial and two tribal sportsbooks had opened for sports betting.
For the time being, sports betting is only allowed on casino premises -- though a few of the casinos will offer online sports betting apps.
2) Is MS sports betting also legal online? What About Mississippi Sports Betting Apps?
Mobile betting is not allowed off the grounds of a licensed casino.
3) What Promo Codes / Deposit Bonuses are available for me and How Can I Use Them?
There are currently no promo codes or deposit bonuses available for sportsbooks in Mississippi.
4) What Sportsbooks and Online Sports Betting Apps are available in MS?
Online sports betting is NOT legal in Mississippi. A person must be on the grounds of a licensed casino to place a legal bet.
5) Where Can I Bet on Sports in Person in Mississippi?
Mississippi features a number of where you can go and bet on sports. The following is list of physical casinos you can visit in Mississippi:
- 1st Jackpot Casino (William Hill)
- Ameristar Casino (William Hill)
- Beau Rivage Resort & Casino (MGM)
- Bok Homa Casino (IGT)
- Boomtown Casino (William Hill)
- Fitz Casino Hotel (Foundation Gaming Group)
- Gold Strike Casino Resort (MGM)
- Golden Moon Hotel & Casino (IGT)
- Golden Nugget (Golden Nugget)
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (Hard Rock)
- Harlow's Casino Resort (BetAmerica)
- Harrah's Gulf Coast (Caesars)
- Hollywood Casino Gulf Coast (William Coast)
- Hollywood Casino Tunica (William Hill)
- Horseshoe Casino & Hotel (Caesars)
- IP Casino Resort Spa (FanDuel)
- Island View Casino Resort (William Hill)
- Isle of Capri Casino & Resort (William Hill)
- Lady Luck Casino (William Hill)
- Magnolia Bluffs Casino (MBC Sportsbook)
- Palace Casino Resort (William Hill)
- Riverwalk Casino and Hotel (BetAmerica)
- Sam's Town Casino (FanDuel)
- Scarlett Pearl Casino and Hotel (DraftKings)
- Silver Slipper Casino (William Hill)
- Silver Star Casino (IGT)
- Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel (William Hill)
- Trop Casino Greenville (William Hill)
- WaterView Casino and Hotel (William Hill)
6) How Do I Make Deposits and Withdrawals for Online Sports Betting in MS?
While in-person betting is legal, online sports betting is unfortunately not yet legal in Mississippi, aside from a couple on-location options.
7) What are the Most Common Types of Sports Bets Can I Make in Mississippi?
This is the most common bet type and it is just a straight up single bet on a game. A point spread is determined by the oddsmakers with one team being favored by a certain amount of points. Let’s take a look at an example line below to give a clear indication of what a straight bet would be:
Boston Celtics -6.5 (-110), moneyline -320
at Cleveland Cavaliers +6.5 (-110), moneyline +260
The Celtics are favored by 6.5 points in this example. This means that if you bet the Cavaliers, you are getting 6.5 points, so if the Cavaliers win the game, or lose by fewer than seven points, you will win the bet because of your 6.5-point cushion. On the other side, when you are laying 6.5 points as the favorite, you would need the Celtics to win by seven or more to win the bet.
Final Score: Celtics 102 Cavaliers 98. Cavaliers would cover even though the Celtics won the game because the +6.5 point spread is enough to cover a four-point defeat.
The moneyline is a bet where there is no spread; you are just picking the winner of the game. In the example above, the Cavaliers ML is +260, which means that for every $100 wagered, you win $260 if the Cavaliers win the game outright. They receive the plus side of the moneyline since they are the underdog and picking them rewards you with nice odds since they are projected to likely lose the game. On the flip side, if you bet the Celtics ML at -320, you have to bet $320 to win $100. They are the favorites so if you decide to bet the moneyline instead of the point spread, you are forced to bet additional money to win $100.
In the example above, the Celtics ML would be the winner as they won the game outright. The spread is irrelevant for a moneyline wager.
This is a straight bet wagering on how many total combined points will be scored in a game by both teams. For example, an NBA game may have an over/under of 210 points, which means that the oddsmakers are projecting a combined points total of 210 between the two teams. If you think the teams are going to score more than 210 points total, you bet the over, and conversely, if you think it’s going to be a defensive struggle, you can bet the under hoping that the total points scored equals 209 points or less.
A parlay is a bet where you combine multiple bets into one bet and you get increased odds because you only win your parlay wager if all of your bets win. If you do a three-team parlay, you select three different teams from three different games and if you win all three of the bets you hit your parlay for longshot odds (6-1 so $100 to win $600). Going 0/3, 1/3, or 2/3 is all the same and you lose the parlay bet. It’s all or nothing which makes them tough to hit and is more of a home run type bet than a regular straight bet since there’s a chance for a big payoff.
8) What are the Most Popular Sports Teams to Bet on in Mississippi?
Mississippi does not have a professional sports team, and that is due to the lack of a market for it. The state's most populous city is Jackson, which has a population of roughly 165,000. As far as sports go in Jackson, it is a town that gets behind their college athletics, which is why a pro team would not likely work.
With this in mind, the two major sports teams in Mississippi are both colleges, with the Ole Miss Rebels and Mississippi State Bulldogs. The most popular professional sports teams in Mississippi, via ticket sales from Vivid Seats, are the Atlanta Braves, New Orleans Saints, Memphis Grizzlies and Nashville Predators.
9) Is there anything else to know about MS sports betting?
"The tax rate on [on sports betting revenues] is 12% — 8% going to the state, 4% local tax, which is the same as every other gaming tax in Mississippi,” Allen Godfrey, Executive Director of the Mississippi Gaming Commission, told Sports Handle.
While sports betting in Mississippi is legal, online sports betting has only been made legal and available on location. The casinos that currently offer mobile betting on their premises are as follows:
- Bok Homa Casino
- Golden Moon Hotel & Casino
- Silver Star Casino
Mississippi Sports Betting FAQs
- Is Sports Betting Legal in Mississippi?
- How Can I bet in Mississippi?
- Will State have Online Sports Betting?
- How Do I Open an Account?
- How Do I Deposit and Withdraw?
- Do I have to be in Mississippi to place a bet?
- What Games Can I bet on?
- What Companies Will be Offering Sports Betting?
- What Kind of Taxes Do I have to Pay?
- How Old Do I have to Be to Bet in Mississippi?
- What are the Betting Limits?
- Where Do I go if I have a problem?
If you have an issue with betting or a gambling problem, please contact 1-800-GAMBLER to speak with someone right now and get help.
More About Mississippi Fantasy Sports & Sports Betting
Mississippi Sports Betting & Fantasy Sports FAQ
Read further for commonly and frequently asked questions regarding sports betting and fantasy sports in Mississippi.
Mississippi Fantasy Sports & Sportsbook Reviews
- Bet365 Promo Codes
- BetMGM Promo Codes
- BetRivers Promo Codes
- Caesars Promo Codes
- DraftKings Promo Codes
- ESPN Bet Promo Codes
- Fanatics Sportsbook Promo Codes
- FanDuel Promo Codes
- Fliff Promo Codes
- FoxBet Promo Codes
- PointsBet Promo Codes
- Tipico Promo Codes
- WynnBET Promo Codes