Monday, May 23 features Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals with an 8:30 p.m. ET tip off on DraftKings and FanDuel. Below, we will examine the player pool and break down the best NBA DFS picks today for DraftKings and FanDuel lineups.
DraftKings & FanDuel NBA DFS Picks Today (5/23)
Jaylen Brown: Boston Celtics vs. Miami Heat
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: DraftKings: 41.87 | FanDuel: 39.91
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: DraftKings: 61.1% | FanDuel: 50.3%
- DFS Salary: DraftKings: $9,800 | FanDuel: $14,000
On Saturday, the Heat ended up stealing a game in Boston when the Celtics were unable to mount a sustained comeback in the second half, even with Jimmy Butler (knee) sitting out. Jayson Tatum ended up with a neck/shoulder issue, and while he played after the injury, he was clearly impacted and not effective at all. That contributed to Jaylen Brown having a career-best postseason performance with 40 points, nine rebounds, one assist, one steal and one block. This is far from chasing points as we are seeing Brown and Tatum really starting to gel together with Al Horford and Marcus Smart filling in the cracks and doing the dirty work.
It does seem like the projected popularity may tick up a bit depending on the health reports for Tatum, Butler and half a dozen other players. If we start to lose top-shelf options, there will be fewer ways to spend our salary cap.
Bam Adebayo: Miami Heat at Boston Celtics
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: DraftKings: 37.76 | FanDuel: 37.64
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: DraftKings: 66.0% | FanDuel: 45.0%
- DFS Salary: DraftKings: $7,600 | FanDuel: $13,000
After scuffling for the last four games with 26 or fewer fantasy points, Bam Adebayo authored a masterpiece just 48 hours ago. The 24-year-old cruised to 31 points on 15-of-22 from the field with 10 rebounds, six assists, four steals and a block. Butler is expected to play tonight, but Tyler Herro has been ruled out which means Adebayo should see double-digit field goal attempts for a second straight game. If Robert Williams remains out or limited, that is another bonus for the fifth-year forward from the University of Kentucky.
Tonight, Adebayo also looks like a strong option in the NBA player props market. He has an 8.5 over/under on his rebound prop and the Awesemo NBA player projections have him for 10.5 rebounds, which gives him a 72% probability of surpassing the over. Until Williams is back at full health, Adebayo should have his way on the boards going against Tatum, Horford and Daniel Theis.
Latest NBA DFS Content
- 📽️ LIVE 2022 NBA Draft Watchalong on Playback
- 📽️ NBA DFS Picks: Deeper Dive & Live Before Lock | 6/16
- FanDuel Single-Game Cheat Sheet: Free NBA DFS Lineup Optimizer Picks Today | 6/16
- DraftKings Showdown Cheat Sheet: Free NBA DFS Lineup Optimizer Picks Today | 6/16
- NBA DFS Picks Today 6/16: DraftKings & FanDuel Building Blocks
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Al Horford: Boston Celtics vs. Miami Heat
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: DraftKings: 32.82 | FanDuel: 32.77
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: DraftKings: 56.3% | FanDuel: 41.2%
- DFS Salary: DraftKings: $7,400 | FanDuel: $11,500
This is chasing points, but it could also be the start of a trend depending on the effectiveness of Tatum. Horford had 14 field goal attempts, which tied for the second-most of his postseason, along with 14 rebounds, his second-highest figure as well. The double-double is always in play with Horford, but how much does he have left in the tank as he stares down his 36th birthday coming up on June 3rd?
NBA DFS Discount Dandies
- Max Strus: Tonight, Strus should see an uptick in opportunities with Herro ruled out. While he is a better option on DraftKings, he is still viable on FanDuel.
- Gabe Vincent and Victor Oladipo: This duo will also chip in to replace the minutes vacated by Herro, but good luck guessing who will be the better play. Keep in mind that Kyle Lowry was receiving in-game treatment on his hamstring and it could be reaggravated at any time.
- P.J. Tucker: Do not expect 17 points and four combined steals and blocks again from Tucker, but he is still capable of contributing just enough to be a meaningful option tonight.
- Grant Williams: The ability to fill in across many aspects of the game has kept Williams relevant as several different Celtics have missed time over the last fortnight.
- Derrick White: Likely capped at 12-to-15 minutes unless someone is in foul trouble or he is draining his shots.
- Payton Pritchard: Hope he is chucking whenever he finds himself on the court, going forward DraftKings only unless Smart is out.
PrizePicks NBA Prop Tool (FREE)
📽️ LIVE 2022 NBA Draft Watchalong on Playback
NBA Betting: NBA Player Props Tool (FREE TRIAL)
No House Advantage NBA Optimal Lineups Page (FREE)
NBA Data Central
📽️ NBA DFS Picks: Deeper Dive & Live Before Lock | 6/16
FanDuel Single-Game Cheat Sheet: Free NBA DFS Lineup Optimizer Picks Today | 6/16
DraftKings Showdown Cheat Sheet: Free NBA DFS Lineup Optimizer Picks Today | 6/16