Tonight we have an apex Game 7 in the Eastern Conference Finals with the visiting Boston Celtics favored by a bucket over the Miami Heat. The game tips off at 8:30 p.m. ET on DraftKings and FanDuel. Let’s take a look at the player pool and break down the best NBA DFS picks today for DraftKings and FanDuel lineups.
DraftKings & FanDuel NBA DFS Picks Today (5/29)
Jayson Tatum | Boston Celtics
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: DraftKings: 48.39 | FanDuel: 46.2
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: DraftKings: 65.4% | FanDuel: 59.5%
- DFS Salary: DraftKings: $11,000 | FanDuel: $15,500
Jayson Tatum was outstanding with his third straight 50-DraftKings-point performance on Friday, though his team trailed for most of the game in a 111-108 loss on their home court. On FanDuel, the seven turnovers kept Tatum from reaching that milestone, and it was his fifth game in the last seven where he had at least five turnovers. It is important to understand the difference between the scoring formats on your DFS site of choice to be aware of any potential gimmes or gremlins.
Jimmy Butler | Miami Heat
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: DraftKings: 45.72 | FanDuel: 45.91
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: DraftKings: 70.9% | FanDuel: 62.7%
- DFS Salary: DraftKings: $10,800 | FanDuel: $16,000
On Friday, Jimmy Butler could not have played much better, as his 47 points propelled Miami to a road victory and forced Game 7. Butler nearly had a triple-double, and unlike Tatum, he rarely has more than two turnovers in any game, even with touches on nearly every possession. If his knee holds up, he is likely to once again lead the slate in fantasy points.
Latest NBA DFS Content
- 📽️ LIVE 2022 NBA Draft Watchalong on Playback
- 📽️ NBA DFS Picks: Deeper Dive & Live Before Lock | 6/16
- FanDuel Single-Game Cheat Sheet: Free NBA DFS Lineup Optimizer Picks Today | 6/16
- DraftKings Showdown Cheat Sheet: Free NBA DFS Lineup Optimizer Picks Today | 6/16
- NBA DFS Picks Today 6/16: DraftKings & FanDuel Building Blocks
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Bam Adebayo | Miami Heat
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: DraftKings: 38.94 | FanDuel: 38.87
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: DraftKings: 51.7% | FanDuel: 47.7%
- DFS Salary: DraftKings: $8,400 | FanDuel: $11,000
Though he continues to disappoint from a fantasy perspective, Bam Adebayo is coming in with the highest point-per-dollar ratio of anyone in the player pool today. FanDuel has decreased his salary from $13,000 in Game 5 to $11,000 for Game 7, which is a postseason low. DraftKings gave him a $400 boost after Friday’s action, but that is still under his Game 5 salary of $8,800. If the Heat want to complete their improbable comeback, Adebayo is going to need to take more than six field goal attempts and double his 11% usage rate from Game 6.
Kyle Lowry| Miami Heat
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: DraftKings: 27.89 | FanDuel: 26.72
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: DraftKings: 46.0% | FanDuel: 32.8%
- DFS Salary: DraftKings: $7,000 | FanDuel: $12,000
After a dismal negative-fantasy-point performance in Game 5, Kyle Lowry rewarded his supporters with a postseason-high 40 fantasy points. Clearly the truth is somewhere in between those two outcomes, and it will be interesting to see how gamers react to his $2,500 increase on FanDuel. DraftKings gave him a 12% increase to $7,000, which is far more palatable. The hamstring injury is still impacting him, so we will see how the 36-year-old responds tonight.
NBA DFS Discount Dandies
- Max Strus: It is unlikely that Tyler Herro plays, which should continue to give extra offensive opportunities to Strus.
- Gabe Vincent, Victor Oladipo and Duncan Robinson: All three are tournament options, though they played just 43 combined minutes in Game 6 with nine field goal attempts, five rebounds, two assists and a pair of steals.
- Caleb Martin: DraftKings only because his $1,800 salary is valuable, though he is unlikely to exceed the 12 minutes he played on Friday.
Jaylen Brown is an interesting option in the NBA player props market. Currently he has a 6.5 over/under on his rebound prop and the Awesemo NBA player projections have him for 7.2 rebounds, which gives him a 59% probability of surpassing the over. Brown has nabbed at least seven boards in four of the six Eastern Conference Finals game, and he had four and six in the other two.
- Derrick White: In a slight surprise, White played the final 17:30 of the game on Friday. Clearly he has an edge over Robert Williams and Grant Williams to be in the closing lineup for his offense and ball handling.
- Grant Williams: Williams played a tick over 17 minutes in Game 6, and while he did get 2:23 minutes of action to start the fourth quarter, he is at a major risk of losing time to White if his shot is not falling.
- Payton Pritchard: Pritchard was the odd man out on Friday, ceding minutes to Marcus Smart (40) and Derrick White (33) and only getting three minutes in the second quarter and a 10-second appearance at the end of the game.
PrizePicks NBA Prop Tool (FREE)
📽️ LIVE 2022 NBA Draft Watchalong on Playback
NBA Betting: NBA Player Props Tool (FREE TRIAL)
No House Advantage NBA Optimal Lineups Page (FREE)
NBA Data Central
📽️ NBA DFS Picks: Deeper Dive & Live Before Lock | 6/16
FanDuel Single-Game Cheat Sheet: Free NBA DFS Lineup Optimizer Picks Today | 6/16
DraftKings Showdown Cheat Sheet: Free NBA DFS Lineup Optimizer Picks Today | 6/16