The Home of Golf lurks in the shadows, as a two-week stay in Scotland has all of the PGA Tour players excited. Social media has already been buzzing with some of the world’s best players across the pond this weekend, enjoying some golf with beers and, yes, goats roaming the course.
Just a couple of 🐐 https://t.co/aMY6QgnUr3
— Jason Rouslin (@DFSgolfer23) July 2, 2022
The players seem to love the adaptation of the Scottish Open being a new PGA Tour event, as 14 of the world’s top 15 golfers are scheduled to tee it up this week. It’s the first of two premier events on the schedule, as, after this week, the best in the world will head around Edinburgh and head north about 2 hours for The Open Championship at St. Andrews. This week, and for the fourth straight year, the Scottish Open will be held at the Renaissance Club. While the DP World Tour doesn’t cover the vast array of statistics the PGA Tour does, they still have enough to get a solid understanding of how the course will play and what we can expect to see in terms of scoring for the week.
PGA DFS Preview | Scottish Open 2022
Course Facts and Figures
Par 71: 7,300 yards
- Five par 3’s: 148, 201, 162, 218, 202
- 9 par 4’s: 481, 487, 417, 339, 412, 486, 445, 481
- Four par 5’s: 594, 593, 538, 560
- Grass Type: Bermuda
- Average green size: N/A
- Water Hazards: 3
- Number of Bunkers: Lots
Statistical Averages for the 2021 Scottish Open
- Driving Accuracy: 53%
- Average Driving Distance: 294
- Greens In Regulation: 71%
- Most Frequent Range of Approach Shots: n/a
Latest PGA DFS Content
- PGA DFS Optimizer Picks: Low-Owned Jon Rahm A Top GPP Play At FedEx St. Jude Championship (August, 10)
- DraftKings Golf Cheat Sheet: PGA DFS Picks To Build Lineups Around Jon Rahm For St Jude Championship
- FanDuel Golf Cheat Sheet: PGA DFS Picks To Build Lineups Around Patrick Cantlay For St Jude Championship
- 📽️ The PGA DFS Strategy Show: FedEx St. Jude Championship | Daily Fantasy Picks for DraftKings + FanDuel
- DFS Golf Picks for FedEx St. Jude Championship: Rory McIlroy is No. 1 in DraftKings Points Projections
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
PGA DFS Golf Rankings, Stats & Predicted Scoring
Four Par 5s and five par 3s is a great layout that will provide some fun scoring chances. All par 5s are reachable and had eagles on them in 2021. Outside of them, there is also a driveable par four on the front side that had five eagles last year, another great element to the course. If the winds are down, expect DFS scoring to be relatively high yet again.
2022 Scottish Open PGA DFS Player Preview
- Number of golfers ranked inside the top 10 of the OWGR: 10
- Number of golfers ranked inside the top 50 of the OWGR: 33
- Strength of the field for a non-major (0-10, lower numbers represent a stronger field): No. 2 (worst SOF outside of alternate field events)
Course History at The Renaissance Club
Three years of history here is plenty to discuss. To start, 13 golfers have played here all three years since 2019, and all 13 have made the cut in all of them. A little nutty, to be honest. Of them, Lucas Herbert has performed the best, coming in fourth each of the last two years, and is the only one of the 13 with multiple top 10s. Matt Fitzpatrick, fresh off his U.S. Open win, lost in a playoff here last year and came in 42nd and 14th in the two previous years. Thomas Detry is the only other one of the 13 to have a top 10, also losing in the three-way playoff last year.
Justin Thomas has made the trip over here in two of the last three years and has come in the top 10 each time, 9th in 2019, and 8th last year. He’s the only other golfer in the field outside of Herbert to have multiple top 10s here. Fitzpatrick joins a list of four others that have at least two top 20s, Erik Van Rooyen, Kalle Samooja, Padraig Harrington, and Tyrrell Hatton.
2021 Scottish Open Strokes Gained Review
Obviously, if the winds are up, the course is entirely different. But it hasn’t been the last three years, and thus low scores have followed. An emphasis on strokes gained on the approach and strokes gained putting, among the golfers in the top 10, but with a driveable par four and four par 5s, having elite driving distance certainly comes in handy.
3-Year Strokes Gained Averages
- Strokes Gained Off the Tee: 0.34
- Strokes Gained on Approach: 0.95
- Strokes Gained Around the Green: 0.25
- Strokes Gained Putting: .91
- DFS Raw Points: 90.5
- Average DFS Salary: n/a
- Ownership: n/a
Thanks for reading to the end of this article! If you appreciate this free content and want to see more of it every day, you can help us out by sharing this article on social media!The DraftKings PGA DFS projections, the DFS PGA showdown projections for today and the DFS PGA ownership projections for FanDuel are made and used by Alex Baker, the No. 1 DFS player in the world. Looking for more PGA DFS picks for FanDuel and PGA DFS picks for today? FantasyDraft DFS PGA rankings for this week will be posted at least a day in advance of any tournament.
PGA DFS Ownership Rankings
PGA DFS Ownership Projections
PGA DFS Optimizer Picks: Low-Owned Jon Rahm A Top GPP Play At FedEx St. Jude Championship (August, 10)
PGA DFS Rankings for DraftKings, FanDuel & Yahoo (FREE TODAY)
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, and Yahoo
PGA DFS Projections for Showdown and Weekend Daily Fantasy Golf
Top Golfers Tool – PGA DFS Simulation Results for DraftKings, FanDuel and Yahoo
Expert Golf Betting Tool | Prop Bet Projections