Jon Rahm’s win south of the border was the lowest-odds favorite to win an event in quite some time. Heading into the summer, with three majors coming in the next two months, competition will heat up quickly. However, there are another two weeks of weaker fields before the tour goes to Southern Hills for the PGA Championship. This week it heads to TPC Potomac at Avenel Farms as the typical venue for this event, Quail Hollow Golf Club, is set to host the Presidents Cup later this year and doesn’t host two pro events in one year. So for one year, the Wells Fargo Championship heads to Maryland for the first time since 2018. This week a similar but slightly stronger field is set to play, and we will preview the PGA DFS and Fantasy Golf slate.
PGA DFS Preview | Wells Fargo Championship 2022
Par 70, 7,186 yards
- Four par 3’s: 225, 201, 168, 190
- 12 par 4’s: 440, 440, 365, 484, 452, 467, 470, 360, 299, 490, 421, 465
- Two par 5’s: 619, 560
Grass Types and Hazards
- Grass Type: Bent for fairways and tees, greens are a Penn blend. Rough is tall fescue and Kentucky bluegrass
- Average Green Size: 4,265 sq. ft.
- Water Hazards: 7
- Bunkers: 81
- Rough Length: Up to three inches in some spots
Ed Ault, Tom Clark, Ed Sneed 1986
Latest PGA DFS Content
- DraftKings PGA DFS Cheat Sheet: Travelers Championship Final Round Showdown Fantasy Golf Picks
- DraftKings PGA DFS Cheat Sheet: Travelers Championship Round 3 Showdown Fantasy Golf Picks
- DraftKings PGA DFS Cheat Sheet: Travelers Championship Round 2 Showdown Fantasy Golf Picks
- Best PGA DFS Value Plays for the Travelers Championship | DraftKings & FanDuel Golf
- DraftKings Golf Cheat Sheet: Travelers Championship PGA DFS Picks
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
PGA DFS Golf Rankings, Stats & Predicted Scoring
Many things have changed since 2018, including who is playing in the field and the continued evolution of distance in the game. But the golf course hasn’t changed much, and with plenty of numbers from the last event held four years ago, we should be able to gauge what scoring will be like this week.
Wells Fargo Championship PGA DFS Player Preview
The top-ranked player in the field, Rory McIlroy, is the event’s defending champion, albeit at a different course. Compared to last week’s Mexico Open, the field is a tad stronger after getting outside of the top players but still features just one golfer ranked inside the top 10 and only five inside the top 25. Another top player joining McIlroy this week is Abraham Ancer, who came in fourth here back in 2018. Other top names include Tony Finau coming off his second-place finish last week, his best finish of the year. Also playing this week after a few weeks’ break include Corey Conners, Russell Henley, Cameron Young, and Tyrrell Hatton.
Strokes Gained Review for the Wells Fargo Championship
Note: This section covers results from 2018’s Quicken Loans National, which played at this week’s course, TPC Potomac.
Francesco Molinari had quite a dominating performance four years ago, as he gained over three strokes in all four strokes gained categories while hitting over 90% of his fairways for the week. By far the best in the field, Molinari also hit 75% of his greens while leading the field in strokes gained on approach. The long fescue rough certainly wreaked havoc for most players back in 2018, but not Molinari, who avoided all big numbers en route to his first PGA Tour victory.
With an average of 1.72 strokes gained ball striking, compared to 0.96 strokes gained with the short game, clearly the course favors golfers that excel in their ball-striking statistics. However, only one golfer that finished in the top 10 back in 2018 lost strokes putting, and only slightly, as Ryan Palmer lost only 0.52 for the entire week.
Averages for 2018’s Top 10
- Strokes Gained Off the Tee: 0.60
- Strokes Gained on Approach: 1.12
- Strokes Gained Around the Green: 0.24
- Strokes Gained Putting: 0.72
- Driving Accuracy: 75%
- Greens In Regulation: 69.32%
- DFS Points: 95.81
- Average DFS Salary: $8,081
Expert Golf Betting Tool | Prop Bet Projections
DraftKings PGA DFS Cheat Sheet: Travelers Championship Final Round Showdown Fantasy Golf Picks
PGA DFS Ownership Rankings
PGA DFS Rankings for DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo and FantasyDraft
PGA DFS Projections for Showdown and Weekend Daily Fantasy Golf
Top Golfers Tool – PGA DFS Simulation Results for DraftKings, FanDuel and Yahoo
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, and Yahoo
PGA DFS Ownership Projections